Technical authoring provides content for functional, operational, maintenance, and assembly and disassembly aspects of a component, system, subsystem or an assembly. It is aimed at user groups such as operators, shop floor technicians, and engineers. We at Cyient offer technical authoring as a stand-alone service, as part of an overall product-engineering project, or as a complete technical publication package. It encompasses:
- Catalogues: Illustrated parts catalogue, illustrated parts list
- Bulletins: Engineering change, service bulletins, maintenance directives, etc.
- Technical manuals: Cleaning, inspection and repair; structural repair; component maintenance manual; engine manual; operations manual; safety manual; etc.
How We Can Help
- End-to-end ownership of manual authoring, from content gathering to publication
- An experienced team with multi-industry and multidiscipline domain expertise
- Dedicated authoring team with expertise in various aspects of technical repair writing, service bulletins, engine manual writing, and CMMs across multiple industries
- Multi-industry authoring teams with over 150 resources
- Over three million hours of technical authoring tasks delivered across industry domains
- Through our productivity improvement plans, we have helped our clients save up to $1.6 million. We follow various industry standards such as ATA 100, ATA iSpec 2200, ASD–STE 100, SCORM 2.0, DITA, AcroLinx, and client-specific guidelines and style guides
- Proficient with tools such as Arbortext Editor (SGML and XML), Adobe Frame Maker, MS Word, Page Maker, and Quick Silver
- Delivered cumulative productivity savings of over $100K using various in-house automation tools