Railways and communications share a robust bond, which dates back to when the railways was first introduced. Communication networks and systems form the backbone of the rail industry and help provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation for a passenger-centric travel.
Rail operators are experiencing multiple challenges in meeting the growing needs of their customers globally. These include the need for improving comfort, connectivity, reliability, safety, flexibility, and cost effectiveness, while also enhancing their operational competencies. Reliable communication networks, improved infrastructure, and operationally efficient systems play a critical role in the digital rail industry that helps compete with the other modes of transport.
For more than 25 years Cyient has been providing best-in-class services, systems, and solutions to the rail industry, including railway signaling and rolling stock operations. For the communications sector, we provide fixed and mobile networks plan/design, communication infrastructure life-cycle management, network assets management, workforce management, analytics, and IT service management.
We have now combined our expertise across industries to offer a comprehensive portfolio of communication offerings for digital railways ranging from “plan/design, build, to operate/maintain.” Our solutions are proven, transformational, and based on industry best practices.
We offer comprehensive railway communications across both fixed and mobile communications to include:
- Next-Generation Optical Networks, DWDM & IP/MPLS
- G2T Wireless Communications (GSM-R, 3G & LTE/4G)
- On-board IP/Ethernet Communications & CCTV
- Wi-Fi, WLAN, and Unified Telepresence
- Trackside Surveillance and Monitoring (TCAS)
- LiDAR-based Trackside Infrastructure Data Management
- Railway Infrastructure Advanced Asset Lifecycle Management (RIAALM)
- Railway IT System Operational Analytics and Insights
Our Service Offerings