Safe and efficient railway operations have become more critical in the wake of expanding railway infrastructure, and sophisticated automation and signaling activities. In addition to this, increasing focus on rail infrastructure modernization has resulted in a major spike in rail electrification projects. However, lack of skilled resources and technical know-how impair operators’ ability to successfully implement efficient signaling and electrification projects. As a result, there is a growing need for end-to-end expertise in system-wide integration and cost-effective implementation.
At Cyient, we offer fully integrated rail signaling and electrification solutions that help enhance client’s strategic and operational capabilities. Leveraging our talent pool of over 450 signaling design engineers, more than 200 IRSE licensed and four million hours of work experience, we provide end-to-end rail signaling and electrification services and solutions. Our signaling solutions include design, consultancy, project management and installation, testing, and commissioning support. We have wide-ranging experience and expertise across various rail signaling technologies and products. These include CBTC, ERTMS, Control Centre, PTC, track circuits, train protection and control, level crossing, point machine and interlocking systems.
Our services help manage all phases of a railway electrification project, from FEED and conceptual planning to post-commissioning support. Backed by our resources skilled in 3D design for rail electrification, we provide robust solutions to help optimize performance at every level across the substation. Our electrification service offerings encompass:
- Support for FEED stage for overhead line and power supply installation
- Detailed designs for overhead line
- Engineering layout and design services for varying capacities of traction substations and switching posts
- Installation of OHL and equipment
- Design support, testing and commissioning of SCADA & RTUs
- Post-installation support
Our ability to provide localized support, integrate solutions with existing processes seamlessly and scale-up on short notice, make us the trusted partner across every segment of the rail industry. Following are some examples of our work over the years:
- Modernize train signaling system from existing ‘fixed block’ signaling to ‘moving block’ for two major signaling OEMs. Successfully delivered safety critical signaling designs on time to help achieve commissioning targets before the 2012 Olympics in London. We were awarded the “Highly Commended Transport Supplier of the Year 2014” by London Transport.
- Provided consulting services to one of the leading project management consultancies. We helped in preparing the design-based on the report for signaling and train control, communication systems, and rolling stock for one of the leading CBTC based mass transit projects.
- Supported one of the major South East Asian rail modernization programs on functional testing of trackside equipment for relay and CBI based interlocking.
- Successfully enabled some of the leading mainline and mass transit signaling projects, accelerated time to market and reduced costs